Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Goodbye Baby Weight!

Sometimes I forget that I have this blog! I realize that I haven't updated it in forever! But that's okay, because I have some exciting news to share. . .

In just over two months, I lost 20 POUNDS!!! I am SO thrilled! As of last week, I'm down to 156 pounds, putting me exactly at what I was before I got pregnant. Hallelujah!!! And I fit back into my jeans again!!! Seriously. . . it feels great!

I had a couple weeks that I did pretty bad on, and I thought I wouldn't lose any weight those weeks. There was the week of the pumpkin bars. . . dang, those things were so good! I made pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting for my friend's baby shower, brought home all the leftovers, and ATE all the leftovers. I just couldn't keep away! But I still lost one pound that week!

And then Halloween was another week I thought my diet was wrecked. I ate Witches brew, homemade cornbread with honey, Halloween Oreos, and of course plenty of candy. To my surprise, I still lost TWO pounds on Halloween week!

My conclusion:
I think my body really WANTED to lose the baby weight and get back to what I was before. I really am thrilled with how fast the baby weight came off with the Nutrisystem diet! I thought it would take longer! I had one cheat meal per week (sometimes two, depending on the week), and I didn't go to the gym to work out. Craziness! But in a good way, of course!

Thanksgiving week is another story. Oh gosh, I've been BAD. Too much deliciousness!!! I haven't weighed myself yet, but I am 100 percent sure I didn't lose weight this week. My goal was just to stay the same, and not gain!

Now that it's December, I'm going easier on myself. If I set up a weight goal for the month, I'm sure I'll just be disappointed. We're going to Whistler this weekend, and of course I'll be eating in restaurants for that whole time. (SO excited for Whistler!!!) Then on the 12'th we're flying down to San Diego and spending the rest of the month with my family there for Christmas. I plan on taking some Nutrisystem meals with me, but of course I'll be eating out multiple times per week (those San Diego restaurants are just too darn irresistible), and having some Christmas baked goodies. So my realistic goal for December is just to maintain my weight that I'm at right now. I don't want to take any backward steps! But I hope to stay right where I'm at. And then in January I'll go FULL force towards losing those last 10 pounds I want to lose to get to my goal weight. I fully expect the last 10 pounds to be extremely tough to lose, since my body really likes being at the weight I'm at now. But I will go for it, and hopefully lose the last 10 pounds by March!!!

So if you're reading this, celebrate with me!!! I lost 20 pounds, I fit back into my jeans again, and boy does it feel awesome!!!

11 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! I know how great that feels to take off that nasty pregnancy weight. I can't wait to do it myself, once I have the baby. That's great you're back in your jeans! You've also set some great realistic and attainable goals for the new year! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HORRAY!!!!!!!!! WOW that's AWESOME!!! You have now lost an entire little person!!! :) I LOVE the feeling of getting into that old favorite pair of jeans again!! Definitely reason to celebrate! Now you need to post some before and after pictures to showcase your weight loss (you know, Biggest Loser style...except you don't need to strip down to your scibbies like they make the contestants...haha)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO HOO!!!!! I am so excited for you, that is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! That is so exciting!!!And just think- you lost 20lbs at the hardest months!!!!And it is so good to be realistic- just to maintain for December is a great idea!!!! Good luck and Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Ashley! I'm so glad for you. Good for you for setting such realistic goals through the holidays. I vote for before & after pics, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Enjoy the holidays and good luck with the last 10!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley!
    Wow! that is so awesome! Good job! Now you can buy some new clothes for the holidays and upcoming year! I am better at not eating after dinner, just a very small snack, but before 8:00 p.m. - I'm up to 2 miles in 30 minutes on the eliptical and looking a whole lot better! I definately feel better too! That is ALL worth it! I've had to adjust my thyroid meds. lower 3 times so far, because my body is having a better metabolism.
    I am signed up for a nutrition class along with American Government for next semester, so hope I can learn more details on food.
    I am having problems finding smaller sizes in the "Tall" pants, my favorites only go to size 12, and not smaller...I am also short waisted like my mom.
    Stay healthy and have a great holiday!
    Love always,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Ashley! Twenty pounds is awesome!
    Heads up for the holidays! Don't go into it defeated! Drink plenty of water have 2 healthy light meals a day so you can splurge on one. Make snacks light and end it with a little sweetness to feel like you are treating yourself. Remember, to keep the weight off you need to make some lifestlye changes. You may surprise yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! What an insirpation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome!!! Congrats on doing it, you deserve a huge pat on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!!

    I am blog hopping today and thought I would stop by your blog.

    Please visit and follow either or both of my blogs:

    Jessicas Lil Corner is where I blog about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

    So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

    Have a blessed Monday!!

    ReplyDelete