Friday, October 23, 2009

My New Shipment Came!

Sorry, I left you all hanging about whether or not I lost that one pound and got down to a 10-pound weight loss in four weeks. I'm sure my five readers are very anxious to know. :)

Well. . .

I actually lost a pound and a half that week!!! I was thrilled! (Yes, my scale does it by the half-pound). So that put me at 165.5, and a 10 and a half pound weight loss after four weeks! Pretty AWESOME!!!

As far as last week goes, I waited and waited for my new shipment to arrive. Last Friday, it finally came! And it's been a million times better having food that I actually like to eat. Such a difference! I did have more than one cheat meal while I was waiting for my food to arrive, so I wasn't too sure how good week 5's weight loss would be. I weighed in yesterday, and my scale said 163.5. Two more pounds! So that puts me at 12.5 pounds lost in 5 weeks!!!

So far, so good!!! Here's what I'm actually looking forward to eating right now:

*NutriCinnamon Squares cereal for breakfast. It's so good! I am not even a cereal person, but I love it and I want it every morning.

*My very favorite Nutrisystem dinner that I found in this shipment (I know I ordered some for my first shipment, but didn't get any until this month). . .
Flatbread Pizza!!! It's yummy! I bake it in the toaster oven until it puffs up and the cheese is really melty, and it beats out their Thick Crust Pizza and their Sourdough Pizza. I do look forward to eating one of these for dinner most nights. I'm not saying it's Pizza Hut or anything, but for diet food it's pretty dang AWESOME!
*A bowl of sliced strawberries with dinner every night. Strawberries seriously are nature's candy.

*The Chocolate Mint Crunch Nutrisystem dessert bar. It tastes like a real candy bar, and I love mint chocolate stuff!

As far as lunches go, there's nothing I'm totally loving. Their soups are definitely fine, and I have three varieties that I switch between. But I wish there was a lunch option that I love, like I love the breakfast, dinner, and dessert options. Bummer!

Highlight of the week- (other than discovering the flatbread pizza and losing two more pounds) was that I FINALLY got all the food out of the boxes, cleaned out my pantry, and re-organized everything to make room in the pantry for my Nutrisystem food. This was a huge challenge, since my pantry is most definitely not big enough! But I took an entire evening and filled up five huge trashbags full of expired food and trash. No wonder it took me five weeks of Nutrisystem dieting before I finally got around to doing this! But it's so nice now to have all my food organized in the pantry and not have to go digging around in the box for it. And all the foods I didn't like from my first shipment? It went into food storage!

It's just so encouraging that I've lost 12 and a half pounds so far! This is hard, but it WORKS!!!

5 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you! That's an awesome milestone you've crossed (the first ten pounds)! Can't wait until I read the post that says, "TWENTY!!" :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on beating that one pound goal that week! I'm glad you've found foods you look forward to eating now. Sounds like you're doing great at this hard thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! I have never actually heard someone talk about the plan...great to hear it works!

    ReplyDelete