Thursday, September 17, 2009

Burger, Anyone?

This is embarassing, but confessions are part of this blog's name, so. . .

It's only the second day of my diet, and I went out to dinner. I ate a delicious cheeseburger and drank one glass of Dr. Pepper.

I know!!!

But it's completely Stephen's fault, and he admits it too! He came home from work really hungry, didn't want anything in our fridge, and really wanted to go out to eat. Kirsten, who hadn't been anywhere in the car today, really wanted to go too. What was I supposed to do???

To keep me from going completely binge-crazy or something, I already had figured I'd have ONE meal per week that is a "cheat meal." I can go out to eat (otherwise my social life would become completely dead, and I don't want that!) and order something I love, but I'll eat a smaller portion than normal and not have side dishes or desserts.
For example, I told Stephen we could go to the burger place and I would eat my burger, but no fries. And it worked! I didn't eat a single french fry! Gotta celebrate the small stuff, right?

My burger tasted heavenly, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!!! Blazing Onion Burger Co in Millcreek makes the best burgers we've found since we moved to Washington. They're comparable to Fuddruckers, and I love Fuddruckers but they don't have them here. So at least I made it count! As I got down to the last few bites I just didn't want the burger to be gone, because I knew it was the last real food I'd have for an entire week.

So yeah. . . I feel guilty.
But not too guilty, because I knew I'd have to splurge once a week. Is that a bad idea? Or am I just being realistic with myself? :)

Back to the Nutrisystem food. . .

*I actually really liked the breakfast today! It was a cereal called NutriCinnamon Squares, and with some fat-free milk on them they were yummy!!! I could definitely eat that every morning, so I wish I had ordered a ton of those. I think I only ordered three or four though.
I had a fat-free Key Lime Pie Yoplait yogurt with it and it was a really good breakfast!!! So my day started out great!

*Lunch was not the same story. . . I had high hopes for the Cheesy Homestyle Potatoes, because I love mashed potatoes so much. These were gluey, and I really didn't like the flavor. Yuck! I did have grapes and string cheese with my lunch, which made it more bearable.

Of course I skipped the Nutrisystem dinner and dessert, because of my splurge.

So this might be a horrible diet tip (we'll see how my weight loss goes), but for now here is. . .
Diet Tip #4:
*Let yourself go out to eat, or eat something you REALLY love, once per week. And if you choose to go out, order something you really enjoy. If you're just going to order a plain chicken breast or a salad, what's the point? You might as well eat at home!

6 comments:

  1. But what if I enjoy a plain chicken breast or a salad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you didn't have the french fries :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! If that's what you enjoy, then by all means order it, and count yourself lucky! I enjoy all the FATTY stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you definitely have to let yourself have a treat and go out to eat once in awhile! So what does Stephen do now? Do you just not have family dinners? Or does he make a completely different meal? Have you stopped cooking completely? And if not, isn't it hard to watch them eat a different dinner?? When I heard about nutri-system, I thought it would be a good idea but this reason alone seems to make it hard if you have a family. How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm!! I think you made me hungry for a burger!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are little things you can "reward" yourself with. You need to find what works for you. Don't rule out the "healthy" menu. It's more flavorful than what you would make at home and you have less to no guilt. I went to Islands and got their veggie tacos. HEAVEN! Salsa fresca on top. It was delicious. Since my weakness is sugar I treat myself to desserts:)

    ReplyDelete