Friday, September 11, 2009

Nutrisystem, Here I Come. . .

I am SO not a dieter.

I've never been on a diet before, in my whole life! I never really needed to. I always felt like I was good enough at maintaining my normal weight, and if I needed to lose a few pounds I would start drinking SlimFast shakes for breakfast and lunches. It worked well. . . until I had baby #2, otherwise known as Natalie! She is almost 5 months old now, and I haven't been losing any weight! It's been driving me NUTS. SlimFast hasn't been working one bit. The last straw happened about a month ago, when a lady at the fabric store asked me when I was due! I was so mortified! I certainly don't think I look pregnant, but if other people think so then it's time to take more drastic measures.

Reasons why I NEED to start a real diet and lose weight:

*I have GOT to fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans again soon! The weather's going to get cold again, and I refuse to buy bigger jeans!

*I am still 20 pounds more than I was before I got pregnant. 20 pounds makes a huge difference in the way I look and feel!

*With two little kids at home, I really don't have the time available to go work out at a gym. So the pounds need to come off from food, rather than working out.

*I feel fat. I hate how my stomach looks, hate my thighs, hate my butt. This just needs to change, and the sooner the better!!!


Reasons why I chose to try Nutrisystem:

*While it's expensive up-front, the cost per day is really pretty good when you break it down. Plus I got it at a good discount from Costco.

*You can choose all your own menu items. I'm a picky eater, and since there are lots of things I KNOW I won't like, I don't have to choose those.

*It's seriously a diet for lazy people. Or people who just don't have the time to devote hours to cooking meals for themselves, counting calories themselves, and all that.
When it comes to food, I do consider myself lazy. I like it to be fast, I like it to be convenient. And since I'll still be preparing food for a toddler and a husband, I don't want to have to put a lot of thought into what I'll be eating. Grab it out of the freezer in its pre-portioned size? Sounds good to me!

*I've heard from several friends that it worked well for them. Plus I saw Tori Spelling endorsing it on her show Tori and Dean. I love Tori and Dean.

I ordered all my food, and it's already been shipped. So I should be starting next week.

Really. . . I'm not excited about it.
Excited to lose weight? Yes!
But excited to eat the food? Not a chance. I'm not expecting to like ANY of it, and I'm going to really miss eating out at restaurants, Dr. Pepper, and yummy, cheesy, fried stuff.

I LOVE to eat out! And I love having friends over for dinner and eating in social settings like that. It's going to be tough for me to be on a diet and force myself to not eat foods even when I'm surrounded by them. Can I even do it???
I'm not saying I'll never cheat. I'm already sure that sometimes I will still go out to eat and splurge on something. I'll just make it as infrequent as I can handle.

And that's why I started this blog. . . to hold myself accountable for what I'm eating. I'm going to write whatever I want here. Reviews of the meals I'm eating, what I'm craving, how much weight I've lost, and what happens when I cheat. :)

My goal:
*To lose 30 pounds! I resolve to stay on the Nutrisystem diet until 30 pounds have been lost. That's the 20 pounds of baby weight, plus 10 more pounds for good measure.
After I lose 30 pounds, I can go back to my regular eating habits with SlimFast to maintain the weight.

Rewards:
*For every 10 pounds I lose, I get to go clothes shopping and find some HOT new clothing items that I'll feel like a million bucks in!

Punishment:
*The punishment for not losing weight? Staying on this freaking diet for a longer time!

My confession:
Right now I weigh. . . 175 pounds.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley!!!!!!!!!!

    Girlfriend.... you are so inspirational.. and motivational!!

    THANK YOU! I so totally NEEDED to read this tonight. big time.
    i ate waaaay too much for dinner tonight. all a bunch of crap food, too. now my stomach hurts.

    I am definitely going to be back to this blog and continue to get inspired by YOU!!!!!!!!!


    I bet YOU are going to do it! you are going to lose those 30 pounds!!! i just KNOW IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. i can't wait to read your reviews on the Nutrisysten food. i have always wanted to try it... but never have. i'd love to know how they taste!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents both did NutriSystem and really liked it. My dad now weighs the same weight as his senior year in High School, and he's a very handsome grandpa! I've been told that it's slightly harder for women to lose the weight, but that's just how our bodies are made; we were built to keep the fat ON. I know, such a cruel joke!
    I can't wait to hear about your results! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ashley, you rock!! I know you'll reach your goal because you're motivated and want to get there! You really DO look awesome, no matter how fat you feel! It took me 18 stinkin' months to lose the Lilly weight, how sad is that?! I'm sure you'll lose it fast. :) One thing I noticed, when I filled my life with BUSY, the weight fell off faster and I didn't think about food as much. Good luck!! And what the hey, seriously...TAKE PICTURES!!! Even if you don't post them. TAKE THEM! It's so motivating to *SEE* the difference even though the scale doesn't show it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always been intrigued by Nutrisystem, so I'm looking forward to hearing how it works for you. Good for you for making a plan to change something in your life you're not happy with; I'm much more likely to just hate it but do nothing. Perhaps I'll be inspired by your progress! =)

    ReplyDelete