Monday, September 21, 2009

Dr. Pepper, I Miss You!

I really do miss Dr. Pepper and Pibb Xtra. REALLY do!!!
I never liked Diet Dr. Pepper in the past (or any diet soda), but I tried it again yesterday hoping that it would be better than no Dr. Pepper at all.
Seriously. . . it tastes absolutely NOTHING like Dr. Pepper to me! No similarities at all! I learned that I'd rather drink water than drink diet sodas.

Overall though, I had a pretty good Nutrisystem weekend! I'm thinking about foods less than I was before, and I made some new discoveries including the following:

*Fat-free Yoplait in the Apple Turnover flavor is even BETTER than the Key Lime Pie flavor! YUMMY!

*I like the Nutrisystem pizzas just fine! They're not anywhere near as yummy as real pizza of course, but compared to other Nutrisystem meals I think I can eat them pretty often. I had both the Thick-Crust Pizza and the Sourdough Pizza, and I liked the Thick-Crust kind the best!

*Having a string cheese and some grapes or strawberries with whatever gross lunch entree I have makes the meal much more bearable. I do really like fruit and string cheese!

*Have I mentioned the lunch entrees are not yummy? I did have the chicken noodle soup, which was decent, and another one similar to that but with thicker noodles that I liked pretty well too. The grossest one EVER was the fettuccine alfredo. That's what it was called, but it tasted nothing like alfredo anything! It tasted like nasty, watery noodle soup. I couldn't finish it!

*I really like their chocolate bar desserts! My favorite is the Mint Chocolate Crunch one, it tastes really good!!!

*I seem to hate all the breakfast choices except the cereals. I thought the apple cinnamon oatmeal was gluey and hard to swallow, and the Chocolate Chip Granola bar just didn't have a good flavor. Now I wish I had ordered all cereals for breakfast.


Have I lost weight??? That's the big question on my mind. It's so tempting to get on the scale, but I'm making myself wait until Wednesday, after one week of the diet. This had better be working!!!

8 comments:

  1. Think of not liking Diet Dr. Pepper. You'll be drinking lots of water, good for curbing cravings and losing weight! And with the food--less calories you'll be taking in since it tastes so gross! haha. Maybe that's their secret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I meant to say, "Think of not liking Dr. Pepper as a blessing."

    ReplyDelete
  3. My former boss & his wife lost 40 lbs doing nothing different than cutting soda completely out of their diet. Maybe not liking diet soda will doubly help the Nutrisystem plan. I'm glad you're finding some things you do like -- it's too bad you didn't get a chance to taste-test before you put in your order!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doing AWESOME, and you look GREAT! I KNOW it's hard but keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep it up, the scale may not be your friend tomorrow but you can still DO IT! (: and i'm sure bailing on the soda (as everyone has mentioned) will be extremely beneficial! best of luck, ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh Ashley, thus the reason I have never dieted before. I just cut portions, drink tons of water, and work out. This also may be the reason I've just "average" size and not a twig like I want to be, haha! But I can't wait to hear how it's going for you!!! I can't wait to hear if your sacrifice is worth it!! It will be, I know it will! It *has* to be!? Otherwise I'm flying you here for some truffles. :) Aren't I mean? Oh! It's only a few calories more but better than eating a REAL cinnamon bun...the yoplait thick and creamy cinnamon bun flavor is KILLER!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOO yummy! Maybe that could be desert. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't freak out if the scale isn't as kind as you hope. Contrary to popular belief less calorie intake does NOT equal weight loss. If you do not consume enough calories your body goes into starvation mode and hoards everything you eat. It will store it instantly instead of using it. Cutting out soda is a brilliant idea. Limit your juice intake too (if you are allowed to drink it on this diet). 8 oz or less. Hang in there the next week will be better. Changing your eating habits overnight is not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on your weight loss. Don't be discouraged if your next weigh in isn't as great.....keep with it. You are the most determined person I know. When you put your mind to something - there is no stopping you. We are rooting you on. I know just what you are going thru....You won't miss your favorites so much after a while.

    ReplyDelete